[Homeroast] Pre-heating empty roaster vs. roaster loaded with beans - Behmor related - an honest question

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu Dec 2 11:36:23 CST 2010

At 06:41 AM 12/2/2010, you wrote:
>Am I mistaken in my thinking?

The only reasons I can see for pre-heating are:

1.  to make sure that you don't run out of time and end up with under
roasted beans
2.  to change a profiles initial look

Preheating started because of number 1 as myself and a number of
others were unable to finish 1 lb roast or unable to use P2 as the
drop happened much to early. When Behmor started recommending
preheating it was without beans in the chamber and that was the first
I remember hearing the suggestion it be done that way.

Ira