[Homeroast] Ehtiopia Trip

Gregg Talton gregg.talton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 21:26:16 CDT 2010

Michael,

I should have pictures next week...

  I moved my home roaster from Birmingham to Charlotte - My family from
Columbiana (and Jasper) is here now to welcome me home.  Glad to see more
Alabamians into home roasting.  Before homeroasting I spent waaaay too much
money at O'Henrey's.    I worked in Homewood and would walk over for coffee
before recording voice-overs.

Gregg

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:27 AM, michael brown <disracer at msn.com> wrote:

> Please please please let us know when you have some pics uploaded
> somewhere.  I shared your story with a few friends and family members.
>  Whether your a roaster or not, your story was very personable and
> intriguing. Might be something to think about...sharing your story and pics
> with a local paper or something.
> Michael Bb'ham, AL
>
> > Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:26:31 -0400
> > From: gregg.talton at gmail.com
> > To: homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
> > Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Ehtiopia Trip
> >
> > It was an amazing experience.  I'm planning to return next summer if not
> > sooner.   One thing I thought was interesting - green coffee was more
> > available than roasted in the stores.  While @ Robera the offered roasted
> > Yirga Cheffe but only as a "light" roast.  My friend commented that they
> > roast it dark for only one client and held up a *$ bag.
> >
> > Gregg
> >
> > On Aug 27, 2010 7:03 PM, "g paris" <pchforever at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Gregg:
> > >
> > > Thanks, also sounds like a wonderful trip.
> > >
> > > I get my coffee from the far away places from my sister when she
> travels
> > > which is all of the time.
> > >
> > > One of my favorite greens was the wild greens from some little village
> in
> > > Africa!

> drove
> it
> much
> The
> heat
> > by
> > large
> served.
> > every

> of
> > the
> arrange
> processing
> roasting
> of
> will
> After

> fine

They say such nice things about people at their funerals that it makes me
sad to realize that I'm going to miss mine by just a few days. - Garrison
Keillor