[Homeroast] Making Espresso

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sun Aug 29 23:47:46 CDT 2010

The Gaggia Classic has a 3-way valve and backflushing not a problem...

Any machine that can be backflushed should be backflushed regularly. Water
backflush after each session (even if it's a one shot session), detergent
(Cafiza or Purocaff etc.) backflush at least monthly or weekly depending on
shot frequency and/or after any entertaining/lengthy shot session.

Caution needs to be used detergent backflushing E-61 lever style machines.
It removes lubrication from cams which can cause pre-mature wear if not
re-lubricated.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/