[Homeroast] Turning Bottomless Portafilter

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 21:08:36 CDT 2010

Peter,
I saw this video when it first came out and had a lot of question and doubt
about it. I have mentioned it before here so I won't doddle long here as I
got some negative comments.
I for one like my creama not stirred in. Kind of like Martini's or butter
side up or butter side down.
In the case of James video/analysis of the taste difference with and without
creama I wanted to know what a science professional and master coffee
roaster and owner of CoffeeLabs International would have to say about this
video so I forwarded it on to him for a comment. After viewing the video he
got back to me and only had a one word comment. "Rubbish" I'm sure he means
no direct disrespect for a former WBC. I think he strongly just disagrees
with James on this point. Besides isn't taste subjective anyway?
He said that the creama holds some very important components of espresso and
named the chemicals by name. Damned if I can remember that part.
Remove them and guess what. It's not what it was and in my mind surely not
what the machine was designed to put out. IMNSHO
Just a few pennies to add before I have to close up the shop.
JoeR

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Peter Louton <peter at midwestbicycleworks.com