[Homeroast] Making Espresso

michael brown disracer at msn.com
Sun Aug 29 07:56:16 CDT 2010

The only thing i didn't see you mention was descaling the machine.  I'm always amazed at the difference it makes.  I don't realize the subtle changes that happen between descaling until i descale.Oh and putting a package of Grindz through the grinder.  Sounds like you know a lot about the technique and science behind the pulls.If you've already done this, tell us about the roast.How old was the Liquid Amber before your roasted it?Do you remember much about the profile?How long did you rest it?I started an espresso "quest" a couple of years ago, asked similar questions here on the list and kept tweeking until i was pulling great shots at home.Glad i never gave up!
Michael Bb'ham, AL