[Homeroast] How can five words take so long?

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Thu Aug 26 11:59:53 CDT 2010

On Aug 26, 2010, at 11:21 AM, Dennis Parham wrote:

> I know my selling a machine to one of us list members means it comes with tech support!

Whether solicited or not ;-)

(no, really, I appreciate it!)

Here's the Faema in its new home. I bought a Seville Classics Ultra Heavy Duty Garage Rolling Cabinet <https://www.sevilleclassics.com/products.php?pid=90> at Sam's Club for around $170, and drilled a hole in the top to feed the water tubing; Then I installed a square 5gal water bottle and a flojet water pump (around $100 on Amazon); I drain into a 6 liter bucket. At the end of the day, I can wash out the bucket, fill with hot water, and soak the portafilters in it.

http://www.radioactive.org/pix/faema/bar1.jpg
http://www.radioactive.org/pix/faema/bar2.jpg
http://www.radioactive.org/pix/faema/bar3.jpg

I have the machine itself sitting in an aluminum cookie sheet to deal with any leaks we have at the moment...still working that out :D
Note the stylish cups and knock box (just delivered yesterday, thanks SM!)
I have a silicone baking liner on the countertop to build the shots on.
The bottom drawer is filled with towels. next up is coffee, in ziploc bags. May have to find some tupperware that'll fit nicely. above that I have a few spare parts, wrenches and screwdrivers, and the top drawer has accessories, like thermometers, pastry brushes, and thermocouple.

Oh, did I mention my officemate is away on vacation, and has no idea what's waiting in our office? Won't he be surprised. Heh heh heh.

-
allon