[Homeroast] cooling the roast

g paris pchforever at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 11:57:36 CDT 2010

Hi John:

his is a very interesting query!

My thought is that the beans should cool before stored because you do not
want moisture to take hold in your jar of fresh roasted.

If you put hot/moderate cool beans in a covered container and put it into
the fridge you will clearly have moisture build up...

you don't want that.

the beans will cool within a few minutes with natural air flow (in a big
dish of some kind, colander)  i will not contaminate the cooling beans.

run a test on a batch using your pop it in the fridge method and allowing
the beans to cool for 5 minutes or so them but in fridge

tasting is so personal and if you think they re better then they are without
question. honestly I do not think the beans will stay fresh any longer
regardless. everytime you open the jar from the fridge you let in air and
expose the beans to possible moisture when put back unless you
use mason jars and vac seal them.

ginny