[Homeroast] Monday Morning Cup

Rich rich-mail at octoxol.com
Thu Aug 26 07:13:23 CDT 2010

There is a potential problem. The "terminal heat burst" increases the
temperature of the bottom of the lower vessel a greater amount over the
water in the upper vessel.  This results in a greatly increased stress
on the structural integrity of the bottom of the lower vessel as the
cooler upper vessel water is rapidly applied.  A loss of lower vessel
structural integrity is a real probability.

Just because an event has not occurred yet does no preclude the event
happening in the future.

Coffee pot implosion is a shattering event.