[Homeroast] My Time in Coffee H#ll is About to End...

Steven Van Dyke coffee at svandyke.com
Thu Aug 26 05:54:29 CDT 2010

At 10:20 PM 8/25/2010, you wrote:
>Worst thing for a homeroaster befell me awhile ago - I ran out of beans. Not
>
>only that, my finances have been tight (like just about everyone else these
>days).

Lynne, Lynne, Lynne

<sigh, shaking head>

You *have* to find a place somewhere in your area that roasts their
own.  They may or may not have coffee as good as Sweet Marias but
they *will* have green coffee you can get from them.  Yeah, it'll
probably cost more / pound, odds are strong it won't be as good as
what Tom offers, but it'll get you by *much* better than the horrible
stuff you resorted to.

Kansas City is big enough I know of four or five without even
searching, a couple of which have pretty good coffee.  Heck, we even
have a local coffee company (NOT the Folgers plant I worked across
the street from for over a decade) that produces pretty good coffee -
it's at least not stale and sometimes not even over-roasted.

Not that I have to resort to them - even if funds are a bit tight, my
next order from SM arrives on Monday.  Some things you have to plan ahead for.

Glad to hear you're almost out of the bad times.

Enjoy!

Steve :->