[Homeroast] Monday Morning Cup

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 04:49:42 CDT 2010

"...recommending something that big coffee does! :) But seriously, RayO,
what are you trying to fix?"

Big Coffee makes money when they sell something, Anything, Everything that
comes from the megatons of beans they buy and blend. Their blending has to
succeed. Imagine how much energy it would take to over roast and incinerate
millions of tons consistently.

When you blend mierda and Scattah, you still get Scheiße, I admit, but why
waste any energy getting to the Dark Side ash in the first place? By the
same token, nothing goes in the institutional or generic (cheaper) cans if
it could add to a higher-priced blend.

Nothing, but NOTHING gets swept into the dumpster where they have to pay for
disposal. The grinder's fines add almost nothing to the weight they can
sell, <must be> processed and sold to a different market, somewhere. I don't
work there.

Big fine particles, half way between 0 dust and 20 good espresso grind, brew
a fabulous Turkish cup with the Ethiopia Organic Shakiso Sidamo "Maduro"
ground at 10.

One more shot and hit the sack.

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!

--
Persist in old ways; expect different results - suborn Insanity...