[Homeroast] cooling the roast

John A C Despres johndespres at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 15:07:17 CDT 2010

Something to consider - Something we've all heard of and maybe even done at
Thanksgiving. Many turkey recipes advise removing the bird from the oven at
a certain temperature, setting it aside and placing a foil tent over it to
let it finish cooking. The internal temp of the bird may raise as much as 15
degrees *outside of the oven*. Your beans will do the same - they will
continue to roast in the jar.

Cool 'em as soon and as quickly as possible.

Allon's suggested experiment is a good one. I may try it myself.

John