[Homeroast] Turning Bottomless Portafilter

Peter Louton peter at midwestbicycleworks.com
Tue Aug 24 20:09:47 CDT 2010

I didn't have mine cut, but I did buy a bottomless portafilter and I love it.  I don't think it produces a better shot, but it has helped my to learn to tamp better and be more consistent with my tamping.  The real benefit is watching it and seeing the different spots start and then merge in the middle and the mini-espresso tornado swirl into the cup.  That is the best part.

Peter

-- Sent from my Palm Pre