[Homeroast] Turning Bottomless Portafilter

Dennis Parham dparham_is at mac.com
Tue Aug 24 20:08:16 CDT 2010

Ginny I really like bottomless portafilters.. its great for shots because you can see whats happening.. also no part of the shot makes contact with any other object accept cup... plus it looks cool! ;-) Ive kind of backed off on espresso this last year as a cup all in itself and have been making americanos almost exclusively.. now Im back on my game and realized WOW! I had become sloppy with my shots! Americanos have a way of making a not as good shot an ok shot when mixed with hot water...lol when I recently decided hey I jus twit a shot... I almost threw up! lol ( not really but you know how we all are here... lol ) anyway... I did not drink it and... made it into an americano! :-P but that made me think.. DANG! Ive let myself go! all my experience wasted! Im a failure.. ok I didn't think that either but still.. you now how we all are here ;-) so back to my story... anyway... started making some adjustments nip here tuck there... lift.. settle... and shots are back on track! its like playing a Stradivarius... or acceptable copy.. well, not us here.. you know how we are. ;-) lol

Dennis Parham