[Homeroast] Monday Morning Cup

cherry carter theravensroost at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 15:49:32 CDT 2010

Hi there, Doug,
You said something that made me think that I should try the Yama with the
Cona rod again . . . just for the heck of it. You mentioned having a very
low heat on your gas stove. So do I, it's a Viking that I chose so I could
control the heat from very very low to very very high.We make our own
cheese.
Anyway, for some reason I opted to use a setting somewhat above the lowest.
Not much, since too much caused a volcano, like you mentioned. Maybe the
very lowest setting would have worked. I used the Yama for 8 months before
relegating it to the pantry.
Some morning when I'm feeling adventurous I'll make 2 pots, one with the
Yama, one with the Cona. Actually, it would be interesting to see if there
is any difference in taste.
Thank you, I really appreciate your thoughts and suggestion!

Cherry