[Homeroast] Monday Morning Cup

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 15:01:51 CDT 2010

Hey Chris,

Yes, one stuck pot a month is one too many. You've thus helped to make the
case that a crappy grinder will confound things even in the best of
circumstances, and that the minimum for brewing glass-rod vacpot coffee is a
good grinder .

I've also been reading your Chemex drip reports with interest. I used the
Chemex drip for decades before moving over to vacpots, and can recall
occasional stalling with it. It did seem pretty hard to control, and it was
always the late water that clogged. I never thought of the expedient of
holding back some of the water to add later. Brilliant!

I still have the Chemex. I should dig it out and have a little fun.

Thanks.
Doug