[Homeroast] Guatemala Oriente Dry-Process

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Tue Aug 24 08:39:40 CDT 2010

On Aug 23, 2010, at 10:38 PM, Lex Johnson wrote:

> Is there any Guatemala Oriente Dry-Process in the pipeline for this year?
> It was one of my favorites in 2008.

Mine too.
Welcome to the blessing and curse that is specialty coffee - a natural agricultural product that, along with farming techniques, is subject to variable weather. We have Tom to thank for finding us the best of what is out there, which is a constant search because what was knock-your-socks-off one year may be ho-hum next year. This also means that what was dreck last year may be this year's big hit. I'd bet that more crappy coffee passes Tom's lips than the wonderful nectar we have come to expect from his company.

That said, I'm a big fan of the dry processed coffees that Tom has found from origins that typically wet process - if you liked the Oriente DP, you might look for similar coffees when they are available.
-
allon