[Homeroast] Monday Morning Cup

cherry carter theravensroost at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 04:22:24 CDT 2010

Hi Doug,
Yes, I had the Cona rod for my 8 cup Yama. My grinder is the Kitchen Aid
Professional set on 6 1/2 or 7. The finest is 8 and is the grind I use now
with my Cona vacuum pot.  I played with different grinds and still had clogs
on the Yama. I worked for several months on the problem but still had stalls
at least once a week, sometimes twice. And, you know how disappointing it is
to be ready for that morning pot of lovliness, only to have it go into the
compost heap! My roasts tend to be dark, but not overly so.
The Cona seems to be so much more gentle because of the spirit lamp. The
coffee slips through to the top globe so effortlessly.  I had my Yama on my
gas stove, almost the lowest setting. The hot water came through the top
globe very quickly. And then, just sat there.
In exasperation I tried the cloth filter but that resulted in yucky
tasting coffee after only a few uses.
So now I use the Cona and offer a candle and incense to the coffee goddess.
Perfection guaranteed every time! The Cona is worth every penny.
 Cherry