[Homeroast] Monday Morning Cup

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 01:45:59 CDT 2010

Still pooh-poohing you, Barry.

A great grinder wasn't going to solve the problem, and you helped me to
prove that.

Doesn't mean that a lousy grinder wouldn't confound the problem, just that a
great grinder wasn't going to fix it.

At the time, I had a Virtuoso and a Vario to work with. I was contemplating
a Mazzer Mini, and was even contemplating a Ditting, as the Mini was reputed
to not be up to true drip grind.

Instead, I was able to apply the terminal heat burst for complete relief,
using both the Virtuoso and the Vario, on both my 5-cup and 8-cup Yamas with
Cory rods. Even with a Cona rod, but to a lesser exent. All the way to
extraordinarily dark roasts, too.

I've had a number of people report relief from clogging and drawdown delays,
so I know I'm not making things up.

That there are still exceptions simply makes life interesting.

Thanks.
Doug