[Homeroast] Monday Morning Cup

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 00:22:15 CDT 2010

Cut and paste- a study in definite and indefinite articles and pronouns.
Their use tells an interesting story.

Being Monday, it is time I brew... It is fabulous, the Ethiopia Organic
Shakiso Sidamo "Maduro"... I'm enjoying... the first shot of... this bean...
another is on the way after just six hours' rest...the rest of the batch
will last longer than...the week.  The coffee...it
cooled too, not near as fast as the beans, though.

Smoking and popping, ended the roast before finish of 1st Crack- 4:10 after
start 1st.
City+ to FC was a test for me. A real Laissez-faire roast for this denizen
of Vienna. Maybe just a mid-life glitch. If this is mid-life, Wow! Time is
on my side and it's just getting better.

I'd...problems I'd... I'm fine...I brewed with about the same water I'd use
for a
half pot... just the amount that I can run through... the Wife... my
parents... a cup,
myself a large travel cup, ... the thermos ... my folks...

It's making me wonder why I'm keeping that "backup" Bunn drip coffee maker
in
the garage.

the Wife
the thermos
the garage.
a cup,
a cup
my parents
me...
myself
my folks
I'm...

Ma walang galang Po -RayO, aka Opa!

Got Grinder?

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Yakster <yakster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Being Monday with the Wife needing to get to school early for a meeting and
> my folks needing to leave early to drop the kids at school (I get a break
> this week), I brewed up a large Chemex pot ov Guatemala Huehuetenango Finca
> La Maravilla.  It was very nice, and it's rapidly disappearing.  I'm
> thinking of roasting up the last of this bean, another 430 g, tonight to
> use
> for the rest of the week.  The coffee was great hot and tasted great as it
> cooled too.
>
> I'd previously reported problems I'd had with large Chemex pots.  I'm fine
> with doing half pots yielding 600 ml, but could not get full pots to drain
> in five minutes.  Today I brewed with about the same water I'd use for a
> half pot... just the amount that I can run through in five minutes (plus
> the
> 30 second bloom) and then added the balance of the water to bring the pot
> up
> to 1.2 liters of coffee.  That gave the Wife and my parents each a cup,
> myself a large travel cup, and some left over for the thermos for when my
> folks want some more.
>
> It's making me wonder why I'm keeping that "backup" Bunn drip coffee maker
> in the garage.
>
> -Chris

Persist in old ways; expect new results - suborn Insanity...