[Homeroast] Monday Morning Cup

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 20:32:40 CDT 2010

Hi Cherry,

I'm not surprised that your Yama had a clogging problem, but I am surprised
that you were unable to address it. Chris (Yakster) just posted the same
thing two days ago.

I won't make a pest of myself as I have in the past, but I just want to put
in the word yet again that most clogging problems with vacuum pots and glass
rods (I'm assuming you were using a glass rod) can be resolved with a quick
burst of high heat just before taking the pot off the burner. 5 or 10
seconds, enough to perceive fresh turbulence in the funnel, and that will do
it.

I stumbled onto this method about a year ago, and I went from daily clogs
and delays to no problems whatsoever using this simple technique.

One other thing. The Cona glass rods work in the Yama pots, and they're the
only glass rods you can buy new today. But the Cory rods work better. You
just have to find them used.

Good luck. Vacpot coffee is delicious! And, as you say, the ritual is a
delight.

Doug