[Homeroast] How long do you rest your roast?

g paris pchforever at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 12:27:37 CDT 2010

Hi Terry:

I think this is a very personal thing...

resting has no limit other then maybe 4 weeks out!

I had roasted a batch of Horse that had a hint of blueberry in the first
batch; the second batch
I put into a mason jar and forgot it was there.

about 18 days later I can across the jar, dropped some in the grinder
and had the most fabulous cup of blueberry I have ever tasted.

someone else mentioned resting until it is gone and I do that with my solis
5k;
I roast maybe 1/2 pound, toss it in the solis grinder side and it get used
over a period of maybe 4
or 5 days; so I taste it right away and then 5 days later so I feel I get a
range of flavors.

I just got some Harrer from CHAD and plan on roasting some and leaving it
for 2 weeks
to see how it goes and if I get a huge blueberry flavor that this particular
coffee is said to have.

ginny