[Homeroast] Technivorm KBTS vs Zojirushi

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 23:55:46 CDT 2010

"I gave the Technivorm away [Pferdescheiße!] and bought a
spare Zojirushi in case they ever stop making them."

 [What are you afraid of? The Zo is just a machine- so are you really sure
the damn Zo is going to break? How many spare cars do you keep, since
they're more likely to break due to the tyranny of numbers in the complex
machines and which one do you think you'll be giving away?]

Isn't reality Hell, especially when you just want to treat Sweet Maria's
beans right? It was like crossing the Great Flavor Divide when I got the
TechniVorm several thousand brew cycles ago. No part of it has ever failed.

I would quickly shift to the stove top Moka pot, Vietnamese filter pot,
Turkish, Greek or Cuban brewing style if it did fail. Which do you favor?
The Crapesso already lived up to its assigned moniker. Now I know how not to
break it and still keep the "rebuilt" machine pristine and clean.

When you decide you want a 210 second brew extraction time, when would you
shove the pot back in the Zo? Is it too late if the basket starts to
overflow before the brew time completes? Seems like it could be the Broom
Scene all over again in the Sorcerer's Apprentice if you try to stop the
percolating mid-cycle.

Tell us more.

Cheers, Mabuhay, Iechyd da -RayO, aka Opa!

Got Grinder?