[Homeroast] Technivorm KBTS vs Zojirushi

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Aug 17 15:19:20 CDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 04:51:35PM -0700, Dave wrote:
> That's the first mention I've seen of the zojirushi. Any more info? model?
> Thanks!

It's not hard to find Zojirushi's website, though it was more of a
challenge to unearth what seems it must be the model in question:

  http://www.zojirushi.com/ourproducts/breadmakers/ec_bd15.html

Maybe if the webfolks hadn't filed that page under "breadmakers"...

Anyway, Amazon knows about it, and the reviews seem to be divided into
two hostile camps.  The majority love their Zorishu, but there must
have been at least one really really bad batch of them or something,
'cause there are 'way too many reviews of articles that literally fell
apart.  There was one great (positive) review that discussed something
I'd never noticed (haven't used a normal autodrip machine in literally
decades) about having the not particularly insulated hot water feed
tube run through the cold water tank.  Makes some of the things I've
read recently about using warm-to-hot water in the feed tank make a lot
more sense...

Anyway, in light of the apparent QC issues, if I were in the market for
a drip machine with a nice thermal carafe and all that, this would be
one to look at.  But I think I'd forget about the possible savings from
online shopping in favor of a local retailer in case I got one of the
fall-apart ones. :-/

--
"What's so funny?  That I'm sitting on a deserted beach at night,
nibbling at gourmet meals, and rereading every book I've ever loved?

Michael, you forgot to bring the *coffee*!  -- /me