[Homeroast] How long do you rest your roast?

Andy Thomas adt0611 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 02:11:22 CDT 2010

I don't rest coffee at all. I drink it over a period of about two weeks after
roasting -- usually starting the next day, say 12 hours -- and I notice and
enjoy the flavor development or deterioration, or whatever. But I do not
intentionally hold it for x days before divng in.

    Perhaps a rule of thumb might be "bigger flavor = longer shelf life." In
other words, coffee that is more intense to begin with might last longer. I've
had some Kenya and Sumatra coffee that tasted great after 3 weeks, but most
coffees are pretty flat at 3 weeks, even if they taste wonderful at 2-5 days.

Andy