[Homeroast] My New KANGEN water machine.. any others using it?

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 21:10:06 CDT 2010

To your two questions, my answers are No, No.

After I read a marketing spiel on the Kangen, I remain No,  Emphatic No.

I initially thought it might be worth further consideration when they
referred to "membrane technology." Maybe not, if they can arbitrarily modify
the pH of the water output.

If the pH is not 7.0 without alteration or buffering, it's not pure to begin
with. The (-) Logarithm of the hydrogen ion concentration, in moles per
(liter?) can get there all by itself:
[image: \mathrm{pH} = - \log_{10}(a_{\textrm{H}^+}) =
\log_{10}\left(\frac{1}{a_{\textrm{H}^+}}\right)];
where* a*H is the dimensionless activity quotient of the hydrogen ions.

Electric fork trucks have lead-acid batteries, and I had a couple in the
shop where I rebuilt the phone booth-size 500 amp chargers. Deep cycle
batteries needed to be run down before charging. A load bank and chart
recorder kept track of battery capacity, had my battery repair GAS factor
been even slightly positive.

Cheap insurance was distilled H2O, so there was a steam water still in the
shop. Tap water was a death warrant on the 3,000 pound Gould monsters. There
was one of the cadavers in the corner- the work of some brain donor
somewhere. RO water was only for fire suppression.

Coffee is acidic- between neutral water and orange juice. Adjusting the
water pH above 7 to extract a basic solution will produce a new flavor-
salt- as the acid and base react.

You should ask your cupper if it's right for you.

Cheers -RayO, aka Opa!
--
Persist in old ways; expect new results - suborn Insanity...