[Homeroast] How long do you rest your roast?

Terry mrhomn at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 14:45:47 CDT 2010

I am currently working on an unplanned coffee experiment.  Every summer my
family meets for a family reunion camp out.  We all share the responsibility of
supplying food for meals.  This year I decided to share my home roasted coffee.
I roasted several batches over two days of my favorite Sumatra and planned 4-5
days rest.  Not knowing how much to roast I decided it was ok to have too much.
Indeed I did.  Today I am a full two weeks into the rest period, and I am
pleasantly surprised with how great this coffee tastes.  I drink a cup or two a
day and I have enough to last most of this week.  That could be 20 days worth of
beans out of this roast.  I plan to continue my normal coffee drinking pace.  I
just can't resist the curiosity.

 -Terry