[Homeroast] Technivorm KBTS - 8 your views?

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 01:21:17 CDT 2010

Mine has a glass carafe with the Fill-from-the-bottom device.
>From the start, I followed Tom's brewing tips for the TV.  Following Tom's
instructions obviates the multi-hole distribution arm, although I presume
they have one of their own implements, still close the basket valve when
starting the brew, stir it and open the valve half way.

Then there's Ray's way. Mine dispenses 200° F water, exactly as advertised.
I don't suppose the water stays at 200° when it drops into 40° grounds* in a
70° basket.

Add 40°*+ 70°= 110° light weight stuff. Average with 200° water, get 187° F
brewing temperature, and that's exactly what I measure. It brews at 187° F,
max not 200.
*[Beans are flash frozen for 5 minutes, prior to grinding. Maybe heated a
little, never get hot or even warm]

I preheat the basket with boiling water (201 - 202° F) but 187° is the
absolute max I see. Who cares about the ways and means- the taste is
fabulous without any amendments.

Cheers, Mabuhay, Lloniannau i coffi gwych -RayO, aka Opa!

On the web you will find criticisms of gold bars because they're so heavy...