[Homeroast] Technivorm KBTS - 8 your views?

Barry Luterman lutermanb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 21:46:45 CDT 2010

Some tricks to make the Technivorm function  optimally.
1.Rinse the carafe in hot water and fill it with hot water. Leave the
hot water in the carafe until ready to have brewed coffee drip into
the carafe.
2. As soon as coffee has filled the carafe screw the lid on the
carafe. When pouring a cup of coffee only loosen the cap 1/4 turn.
This procedure insures keeping the brew as hot as possible without
having to reheat it.
3. Rinse the paper filter in running water before placing it in the
brew chamber. Rinsing the paper cleans any paper dust that may be
adhered to the filter. In addition rinsing the paper will make it
adhere to the plastic brew chamber and prevent it from collapsing on
itself and causing a flood of coffee on your counter top.
4. Finally, start your brew with the selector on X so that no water
drips into the carafe. When there is enough water mixed into the
grounds (approx. 2 cups) stir the brew in the brew chamber to break
the crust.Open valve to 1/2 open and allow the brew to finish. Cap as
soon as brew is finished.