[Homeroast] Technivorm KBTS - 8 your views?

Bob Hazen peatmonster at comcast.net
Sun Aug 8 12:20:17 CDT 2010

I have a technivorm with the glass caraffe.  I dislike the metallic taste I
perceive from stainless.  The glass caraffe is easy to clean; easier than
the stainless caraffe I beleive.  As for keeping coffee warm, I don't - I
drink it!  The model with the glass caraffe does have a heater.  When the
pot is done, I immediately turn it off.  That heater will destroy flavor and
make the coffee turn vile.  I'd rather have cooler coffee than burnt coffee.
This occurs even with the heater on low.  I've been tempted to disconnect it
internally.

I have both single- and multiple-hole sprayheads.  After multiple tests, I
can't see a difference in taste, wetting or temperature in the cone.  From
my perspective, either one works well.

All in all, I'd say the Technivorm is the best automatic drip brewer I have
used.

Bob