[Homeroast] New York Times article on adding water to wineandcoffee

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 10:38:50 CDT 2010

John,
Sorry if you misunderstood my post or extreamly sorry if RayO did.
First I was not replying to RayO's post.
Second I am and always will be on the same page as RayO's when it comes to
"mediocrity" or in our case coffee quality.
Third and maybe most important I was replying to miKe's comment not RayO's
comment.
I was riding on the topic and using what I understood RayO to be saying in
regards to
The Captain paying attention and taking advice from a junior seaman in this
case a book RayO used as an example called "Management for Dummies". I was
serious in this regard. If you or RayO have a book I have not read on, in
this case coffee or the coffee world please tell me your favorites.
Now as we know John these threads can get convoluted in left field from the
original topic but I find it very fun to follow any thread that RayO posts
to.
Not only do I find it fun but a challenge to interpret and respond to
correctly.
When I post from gmail I hit reply nest to the person that I want to
following in line with and my post is more a reply to that person with all
the above posts as conversation leading up to my post.
Ohhh, so many ways to be misunderstood here on this way of conversing verus
face to face.
In fact I'm wondering at this point if you understand what I have just said
here. I hope RayO and mike do because I know we are mostly on the same page
when it comes to mediocrity and coffee quality.
I am aware that scratching the paint doesn't usually sink a ship unless it
is an ice berg you scratch it with. My point with that part John was that if
the captain was more concerned with something more than scratching the paint
he might come up with more than "satisfactory'" coffee or improve his craft
of seamanship.
I'm all for making mistakes if we do something with the information it can
provide us. What is that old story about Benjamin making 700 mistakes before
we got a light bulb that would work.
Well I'm still pulling shots and roasting to come close to the shots I get
from miKe's M. shop.
Much to learn here as a Padawan coffee guy.
Very sorry if I misread or confused anyone here John especially veteran
Lister's like you.
Sincerely,
Joseph