[Homeroast] New York Times article on adding water to wine andcoffee

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 04:06:14 CDT 2010

"Keep doing exactly what you've always done and you'll get what you've
always got.
How narrow minded and boring."

"This thing is unsinkable..."

Whatever you do and however you do it, if the results are satisfactory,
Don't Change A Thing.

Western Electric, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya and Celestica changed nothing but the
name. "Oh, no- you're rong, Ray. We're not sinking, we've always done
business this way."

The boss looked bewildered when he found the copy of *Management for Dummies
* I left on his desk. Probably the same furrowed brow Captain Smith had some
88 years before.

With inadequate sea trials on a new boat, one of the most experienced,
respected and credentialed sailors on the seven seas sent the damn thing to
the bottom while the power was allegedly set to Full Astern with a Hard Left
rudder to avoid scratching the starboard paint job.

Don't stop making misteaks, just learn from them. If you like the results,
press on.

Cheers -RayO, aka Opa!

Got Grinder?