[Homeroast] Breville variable temp tea kettle.

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Tue Aug 3 00:45:27 CDT 2010

At 03:59 PM 8/2/2010, you wrote:
>Will any other enthusiast encourage me to reinvest in a new one --
>at a cost of some 25 pounds of SM greens?

I have a Russell Hobbs from the days before there were electric
kettles and the one's there were came from England. 20 years old or
maybe more. The cord is attached to the base and the kettle lifts off
and leaves the base behind, common today, but not back then. Turns
off automatically when there's a good boil and the spout is long
enough you don't get steam back on your hand while pouring. Weirdly
enough it's designed for right handed people the steam vent is on the
left side so it's away from the body for right handed people. When I
look at new one's they all have really short spouts and when I use my
friends year old one I always get steam on my hands, sometimes enough
to make me flinch. Don't know if Russell Hobbs is still making
kettles and they weren't cheap 20 years ago, but I'd buy another in a
second if this one broke and there was one to buy.

I'd guess this is their modern equivalent, but it only seems to come
with a cord.

http://www.russellhobbs.co.uk/russell-hobbs-products/kettles/polished-stainless-steel-kettles/k5-corded-kettle-4101-10.html

And the picture is odd, either it's a left handed kettle or the lid
is on backwards.

Ira