[Homeroast] New York Times article on adding water to wine and coffee

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 18:19:17 CDT 2010

I'm starting to feel rickrolled about all this add water to espresso biz.

Just followed a Tweet to a video on same here:
http://www.twitvid.com/WBGYXand to think that this all started (for
me) from one of my least geeky
espresso brewing friends who neither home-roasts or follows the coffee
forums (to my knowledge) stumbling across the NYT article.  He's watering
down Peet's Major Dickason's Blend as espresso--don't blame him--but so far
I haven't taken the bait.

It's just so small a community that everyone's suddenly talking adding water
to coffee to open it up.  Reminds me of the book the Tipping Point
overmuch.  Isn't there any other ideas out there to talk about?  Who wants
to see a built in PID in the kitchen that can control all your appliances?
Stovetop, oven, rice cooker, espresso machine, built in timer too and some
ramp profiles maybe.  Why make an UberBoiler for just coffee if your not a
coffee shop owner and go grab the consumer.

It'll never happen, right?

-Chris