[Homeroast] Breville variable temp tea kettle.

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 18:11:04 CDT 2010

I found a water kettle at a thrift store for less then 5 that's been great
the handful of times I've used it.  Left it at home for my trip to Milan and
don't remember the name.

I was thinking that I could drop the same thermocouple into this kettle that
regulates my espresso machine from my PID and dial a temperature very
easily.  I think the next big kitchen revolution should be a built-in PID
with thermocouple leads that pull down from your range hood that you can use
to dial in the pots on your stove, your rice cooker for Sous Vide, your
oven, or your espresso machine.

It's kind of like why you don't order a TV/VCR combo, the VCR is bound to
break and there you go.  You don't want to invest in a lot of electronics on
a kettle that's bound to break if you can compartmentalize them.  Not that I
have much experience with kettles, though.

1 penny worth of thought.  I should go to bed and make more sense tomorrow,
but I'll be flying all day home.

-Chris