[Homeroast] recognizing quakers?

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 09:57:05 CDT 2010

I pull out the very light brown beans that really stand out, compared
to the normal roasted brown guys.  Pop one in your mouth and give it a
crunch.  You may be surprised to find a taste similar to peanut.
Also, be on the lookout for small rocks.  They're usually hard to find
in green coffee, but they stand out, after roasting.  I've only found
one, so far, in 2+ years of homeroasting, but I'm glad I grabbed it
before it hit the grinder.