[Homeroast] Amateurs/Professionals & Craftsmen/Artists

Rich rich-mail at octoxol.com
Fri Apr 30 18:27:42 CDT 2010

A "professional" is simply a person who holds a job and receives
remuneration for doing it.  An amateur is unpaid.  Neither term implies
skill and/or competence.  Look in the general press and you will see
that "professional" is used to imply skill and/or competence, this use
of professional is incorrect.  Check your Webster Dictionary.  One more
indication that the talking head is empty.

In most cases the non paid person who is performing a task will have a
higher competency level than a comparable paid person.