[Homeroast] Handpresso

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Wed Apr 28 00:31:37 CDT 2010

I would object, but Zara is an old timer on the list. I don't think
she meant it as an ad or spam, simply as a friendly heads up, and SM
doesnt carry handpresso. Gilt looks really cheesy. I would never sign
up no matter what they were selling. When I tried out one it was a
pod-only device but I hear they have a non-pod model now so you can
use your own coffee. A pod only machine is useless. Because it is
hand-pump, it actually makes more sense to me than a mypressi, but it
seems to take a lot of pumping to get up to pressure. I am doubtful
of it...

Tom

>Ed is right, this is not an open per se forum. Discussion is a good thing.
>Passing on ad's is not. This kind of information should be exchanged off
>list.
>Joe
>
>On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Edward Bourgeois
><edbourgeois at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>  Simply as a list member who appreciates our host offering us this list
>>  do you think it is appropriate for you to put up this ad? Please think
>>  about it.
>>
>>  On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Zara Haimo <zara at haimo.net> wrote:
>>  > There's a sale of Handpresso on www.gilt.com today only.  The basic unit
>>  is $72 and there's also a nice travel set with cups and a thermal bottle for
>>  $145, not cheap, but more than 25% off list prices.
>>  > Homeroast mailing list
>>  > Homeroast at host.sweetmariascoffee.com
>>  >

>>  > Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
>>  http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7820
>>  >

>>  --
>>  Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast
>>  Amherst MA.
>>  http://coffee-roasting.blogspot.com/

>>  Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
>>  http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7820
>>

>--
>Ambassador for Specialty Coffee and palate reform.

-Tom