[Homeroast] Balzac's Pleasures and Pains of Coffee

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 00:19:34 CDT 2010

"...why can't we not remember about the Bela Bartok love for Turkish Coffee
"

Don't know about Bartok, the bane of some of my earliest trombone lessons,
but I liked Prokofiev- an avid billiard player. He had one Achille's heel-
he would always try to sink the 5 in one of the pockets on the adjacent
rail.

Never could do it on the first shot, would always scratch three. He composed
(and plays) a march for the love of three
oranges<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlwYfMU-kkM>in frustration.

With some rehearsal, a trombone trio could really give a Stentorian
interpretation of    the Prokofiev piece. Only one problem- I could play it
best on the Garrard A, Revox 77A or Empire 598 about now.

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!
--
Persist in old ways; expect new results - suborn Insanity...