[Homeroast] Chemex

Greg Hollrigel ghollrigel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 19:08:28 CDT 2010

That Sweetness Blend is fantastic.  I hope they offer some whole beans for
sale.  I tried a bag of the Edlyna SO as shots, and never could get the
beans to sing.

I've stocked up on Workshops #9 and #10, and am looking forward to roasting
and tasting those.  Also going to play with the Brazil Raisin, the Rwanda,
Sidamo Maduro, and Bali.  I've got lots to look forward to and be thankful
for.

My latest creation is a blend of Brazil, Sumatra, and Yrga Cheffe (58%, 24%
and 18%, roughly).  Brazil and Sumatra roasted to about FC+, and the Yrga
Cheffe to about C+.  When I've got my tamping and lever conditions right,
wow!  What a great shot.  When I don't, it's just good.  :-)

I also roasted a 1/2 pound of Esmerelda that I won from Mike at Xmas, and
took it to between C and C+.  I didn't care too much for it as a drip, but
when I pulled it as an espresso, it was fantastic.  One of the best I've
tasted in a long time.  I was completely surprised.

Anyways, just thought I'd share after seeing those 2 coffees mentioned
below.

Greg