[Homeroast] Starbucks Barista

James Splivens ocrockus at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 12:38:26 CDT 2010

Can anyone familiar with the Starbucks Barista espresso machine help me get started? My used machine, cheap at the Salvation Army, seems to have all the parts, but the "Starbucks Rapporto Filter" won't come off for me so that I may remove the water tank and perform the essential pump-priming routine described in the manual.  Is there a magic way to unlock the filter, or must I simply apply more main-strength-and-awkwardness?  I realize the machine is of minimal quality, but beggars can't be choosers.        TIA