[Homeroast] [OT] Snack idea

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 12:38:27 CDT 2010

Yeah, I buy the 3 # sacks at Costco.  We'd been buying them for a while and
eating them raw before I started roasting them, now we much prefer them
(freshly) roasted.

Funny thing about the almonds, they improve with rest just like coffee and
the full flavor development isn't there until the next day at least.  Got me
thinking of resting versus staling, still thinking about it.

The Wife asked me about roasting walnuts, but it sounds too messy to me,
almonds have a good structural integrity.  Might also have something to do
with my preference for almonds over walnuts, which leave me with a bitter
taste in my mouth.

Maybe I should try walnuts with salt, trick to kill the bitterness, but not
as healthy.  I like that roasting almonds is not adding any oil or salt,
just heat in the Behmor.

-Chris