[Homeroast] OT: Netbooks/Hackintosh

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Fri Apr 23 11:18:12 CDT 2010

I converted an MSI WInd, mostly for fun, and wouldn't recommend it.
Even with all the bugs worked out (and there are many, ie don't
expect the trackpad to work that well and forget the webcam unless
you want to do a lot of bug fixin"). What you end up in the end is
just a really lousy mac. It makes you appreciate that a good bit of
why people buy macs is the design and hardware quality, not the OS.
Thats my .02 cents... I have a dell netbook for travel and its much
easier to use as a windows machine than messing with it! -Tom

>I've heard that the MSI wind makes a fine little Hackintosh, and runs OSX
>just fine.
>I haven't done it, just what I understand...
>
>Dave
>
>Some days...
>It's just not worth chewing through the leather straps
>

>On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Lynne <lynnebiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  I get spoiled by my Mac. Considering getting a netbook after I transfer to
>>  4 yr college
>>  & get my fin aid... then I'll have to be extra careful.

-Tom