[Homeroast] [homeroast]Tom, any comments on the symposium "The single serve market" session?

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:59:17 CDT 2010

I've tried the K-Cups at work, but always find them too weak.  I'll
sometimes manually stop it, halfway through, add another capsule, and
add the remaining 1/2 cup to get one decently strong cup of coffee.  I
also have the Nespresso Espresso maker.  Having never mastered the art
of espresso, myself, I find this an acceptable substitute.  I view
nespresso as beign better than Starbucks espresso, but not near as
good a shot pulled by a really good barista.

I don't hear much about the Clover machines anymore.  I've had a cup
at one of the Boston Starbucks that had one.  It was good, but nothing
I would call exceptional (only as good as the beans they work with).
We have a local roaster/coffee shop that does single serve drip and
vaccum coffee, as well as espresso.  Really good quality beans and
very tasty results.