[Homeroast] Using CO2 to preserve freshness?

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 00:19:56 CDT 2010

"...coffee sealed in an airtight or loosely tight container will be much
worse at 30+ days than coffee beans left to the open air."

I know a little more about coffee after its birth in a roaster- finding it,
anywhere, more than two weeks later is unlikely.  Except some Africans, that
really "wake up" about that time.

Why fresh roast then seek ways to archive the beans and reinvent the wheel
to see if you can outsmart Foulgers? One of the misteaks not made by the *$
bar hacks is to find out if excess roasting can be offset by excess storage.
(Offsetting Double Negatives?)

Why a nasty term like 'bar hacks?' For the same reason I'm still looking for
the 3rd Black Jack sour on this planet to equal the first one, at the
Coconut Grove at Clark Air Base, about '69. I sure haven't found any flavor
advantage in the stuff served by the Scheiß Meisters serving espresso.
After my experiences, I couldn't believe anybody seriously enjoyed
espresso.  Rong!

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!

Got Grinder?