[Homeroast] Using CO2 to preserve freshness?

Ed Needham roast at homeroaster.com
Tue Apr 20 07:31:33 CDT 2010

For the record, coffee sealed in an airtight or loosely tight container will
be much worse at 30+ days than coffee beans left to the open air.  Those
stored will have rancid smell and nasty taste, where those left to open air
will be stale and lifeless, but the taste will be tolerable.  Definitely not
a goal for homeroasters, but interesting on it's own.
Ed Needham
"to absurdity and beyond!"
http://www.homeroaster.com