[Homeroast] Initial feedback on ElSalvador Apaneca Illamatepec?

Peter Louton peter at midwestbicycleworks.com
Tue Apr 20 13:08:05 CDT 2010

Hi Mary,

I can't wait to hear how it tastes.  I still remember my first behmor roast and I put in a pound and used the pound and P2 and B setting and it was a little under done for me, I'm not even sure it was City.  That was when I then have joined this list.  Since then, I have gotten much better and have been pleasantly surprised.  I'm now drinking a Sumatran from SM's that is almost 2 weeks out now and it is really nice.  I wish I was at home in Fort Wayne with my Technivorm, but this Krups seems to work ok so far...  The Sumatra was roasted on 10 oz at 1# setting P4 and the C and then adding some time to bring it to full second crack and then hitting cool button.

Where I have had some problems is figuring out which beans need a long time or not.  My neighbor with a GS3 likes the Dolce Vita and he gave me some green ones to roast and even using 8oz of beans and 1# setting even getting to second crack is very difficult and so I'll use the 1# P2 setting start and run for 2 minutes, then hit off and then immediately reprogram it and then it seems to work great.  Well back to my Sumatran....

Peter

-- Sent from my Palm Pre