[Homeroast] Using CO2 to preserve freshness?

Ed Needham roast at homeroaster.com
Sun Apr 18 22:02:05 CDT 2010

I'm curious why it is such an issue for preserving the beans?  We are
homeroasters.  We have absolutely the freshest beans in the world.  We can
roast any time we want.  There's no need to preserve our beans.
Roast--use--repeat.  On that rare occasion where you have more beans than
you can use in two weeks, freeze them in a sealed glass jar or a thick mylar
zip-loc coffee bag.  They will be as good as when you put them in there
several weeks from when you froze them.
Ed Needham
"to absurdity and beyond!"
http://www.homeroaster.com