[Homeroast] Behmor neophyte

Bob Hazen peatmonster at comcast.net
Sun Apr 18 12:29:34 CDT 2010

Just dive right in!  Experience is the best guide.

I usually use P2 and roast to FC+.  Just this morning I roasted some Raisin
Coffee and gently hit 1st (barely audible) and hit "cool" at 2nd.  I open
the door when I hit "cool" to halt 2nd crack.  The Raisin Coffee is great
with, oh.., a few minutes of rest.  This is one of my quirks.  I enjoy most
coffees right out of the roaster.  It will be less enticing tomorrow, but
the day after it will start developing other interesting flavors.

This morning's roast was 322 g of coffee done on 1lb-P2B.  P2's drop in
power occurred about a minute before 1st, although it was mild and hard to
hear.  If I wanted to shorten that gap, I'd use less coffee.  I would do
this in "pot's worth" increments so I don't run out of a given batch with
less than a "pot's worth" of beans left.

Best of luck to you!

Bob