[Homeroast] The single serve market

David Morrow dmorrown at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:47:29 CDT 2010

The reason that a passenger may carry a PFD in their carry-on or checked
luggage does not relate to the flight but to the destination.  Most racing
sailors have their own PFD's with a gas cartridge that inflates the vest
automatically when the wearer hits the water or manually when they pull a
cord.  These PFD's are more comfortable and more expensive than the standard
foam-filled vests carried on most boats to meet Coast Guard requirements.
After having to comply with confusing policies of different airlines for a
number of years, boaters finally got the TSA to adopt regulations that make
an exception for the gas cartridges in PFD's.  If espresso drinkers could do
the same, Sandy could carry her Mypressi with its cartridges onboard.