[Homeroast] The single serve market

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Fri Apr 16 14:27:35 CDT 2010

You need water just off the boil, and it's best to preheat the PF too. It is persnickety about grind, not so much with tamp.  It puts out a MUCH better shot (hotter and with thicker and stabler crema) than the old All-Clad model that looked like a giant winged corkscrew (and the All-Clad was very fragile).  Downside is that it's relatively heavy (might put your checked bag over 50 lbs.; raise eyebrows at TSA security gates if you carry it); and you can't fly with it unless you buy the NO2 at your destination, since you can't carry pressurized gas containers in either carry-on or checked baggage.